Skip to main content

Private Home Repairs

Dilapidated Private Home

These organizations offer grants and loans for the repair of private residential property.

Below is a list of funds available from these organizations. You can visit each organization's website for more information and details.

USDA Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants

The US Department of Agriculture Rural Development is a federal agency dedicated to improving the economy and quality of life in rural America. It aids very-low income private home owners and very-low income elderly home owners to repair and maintain their homes through a loans and grants program.

Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants

Eligibility: Very-low income families and low-income elderly home owners in rural areas.
Funding used for: Loans may be used to repair, improve or modernize homes or remove health and safety hazards. Grants must be used to remove health and safety hazards.
Fund description: Maximum loan is $20,000. Maximum grant is $7,500. Loans and grants can be combined for up to $27,500 in assistance
Deadline: Year round as long as funding is available

SHPO Tax Credits

Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits

Eligibility: Private owners of certified historic residence
Funding used for: Expenditures necessary to carry out material rehabilitation of historic private residences
Fund description: 20% WV State Income Tax Credit
Deadline: Available year-round.